Heating and Cooling
Cooling system failure is the #1 cause of engine breakdowns on the highway. A little maintenance can go a long way to preventing a potentially expensive engine problem and a lot of inconvenience for you and your family.
Keep an eye out for the following signs and symptoms of cooling system failure; your car or truck may be telling you it needs a little cooling system care:
- Dashboard temperature gauge shows the car is running hotter or colder than normal or is in the red
- Any colored fluid is leaking from the engine.
- Steam is coming from the engine or dash vents.
- Car engine smells “hot”.
- Engine belts and hoses are more than 5 years old or are showing signs of wear.
- Your owner’s manual recommends maintenance, such as replacement of anti-freeze.
At Garry’s Automotive, our ASE-certified master technicians will perform a professional inspection of the system and provide you with a complete analysis of the current conditions and the estimated cost of repair.
So what could cause your vehicle to overheat? It could be any one of many cooling system components. Here’s what we’ll check:
- Radiator cap
- Radiator hoses
- Radiator fan/fan clutch
- Anti-freeze protection and coolant (different vehicles take different types)
- Water pump
- Fan belts or serpentine belts
- Cooling sensor
- Heater core
- Heater hoses
Unlike many service shops that just perform a “drain-and-fill” of anti-freeze, Garry’s Automotive provides a complete radiator flushing service that includes the following:
- Inspect system and pressure test for leaks
- Power flush system through flush machine
- Refill system with proper amount of anti-freeze
- Add sealant/lubricant to the system
- Chemical flush is also available
Make an appointment online or call Garry’s Automotive @ (208) 562-1693 to get your cooling system checked today.