We are not an emission test station, but we are certified to perform emission repairs.
Chances are you need a emission test if:
- Your Vehicle is a 1981 or newer and not under factory warranty and your vehicle is registered in Ada or Canyon counties
- You’re registering the vehicle for the first time in the State of Idaho
- Your vehicle is not diesel powered, electric, natural gas powered and over 14,000 lbs, a hybrid, motorcycle, or trailer
- Your vehicle is a gross polluter
If your vehicle is not meeting Idaho State Standards, we can repair it at Garry’s Automotive. Just like our engine diagnostic service, we follow a thorough process to identify and repair any of the engine’s issues, including:
- Road test your vehicle to verify problems.
- Evaluate emissions on our diagnostic scope machine.
- Perform a visual inspection of your engine’s major components.
- Check industry bulletins, manufacturer recall information, and tune-up specifications.
- Obtain trouble codes from your vehicle’s on-board computer (if necessary).
- Perform a computerized analysis of your engine’s major systems.
- Provide a detailed report of our findings and discuss potential solutions with you.
- Once work is completed, you can take your vehicle to an emission test van or we can do it for you.
- All repairs are backed by our Nationwide Limited Warranty (see store for details).
Make an appointment online or call Garry’s Automotive @ (208) 562-1693 to get your Emission Repairs made today.